Every week, we'll shine the SPOTLIGHT on a local business in the "Shop Burlington County First" program, the "buy local" initiative created by Burlington County Board of Chosen Freeholders and its regional partners, the Burlington County Bridge Commission and the Burlington County Regional Chamber of Commerce.
Mary Ann O'Brien invites
you to "Shop Burlington County First": "Join in our efforts to energize the economy in Burlington County, keep it growing, and create new jobs."
Spring, Easter and Passover Shopping Seasons
Representing ALL member businesses in the Shop Burlington County First program
The long, cold winter is now a thing of the past, and it’s time to get outside and celebrate Spring.
Gardening. Home improvements. Landscaping. Spring shopping.
You can browse through the Directory by Category to find a local business near you, including Home Maintenance/Supplies for the Do-It-Yourselfer, or Home Professional Service or Professional Services for the big, more complicated jobs.
And it’s time to start thinking about getting into “beach shape.’’ Take care of yourself by checking our listings under Personal Care.
And you’ll love the quality ice cream stands in the area, all under Food/Seasonal.
And keep an eye on Agriculture/Farm Markets and Products as your local farm stands are starting to open.
And here are some special offers our participating businesses are sending your way:
• Viking Casual Furniture in Maple Shade giving 50% off pictures and accessories and 20% off floor samples
• Water Resources in Tabernacle has buy three 50-pound bags of solar salt, get a fourth free
• Necessities for the Heart in Bordentown offering a free umbrella with your Brighton purchase of $100 or more while supply lasts
• Arizona Designs in Maple Shade discounting 1,000 color business cards by $70
• Smith Brothers Drugs in Maple Shade offering $5 off every $20 purchase of cards, gifts and candy
• Ed’s Tailor Shop in Mount Holly has deals on wedding and prom attire for women and men
• South Jersey Driving School in Moorestown will reduce registration fee $25 for lessons if you mention this email
• Valenzano Winery in Shamong Easter Brunch (reservations required for 11 a.m. and 1:30 seatings)
• Red, White and Brew in Mount Holly has a special sale on wines through April 10
• Doctor Travel and Cruises in Medford offering exclusive discounts for 2015 sailings
• Promo Craze in Florence Township has veggie pocket gardens (seeded packets in paper shapes that can be planted)
• The café at Calvary Church in Delran will give you a free beverage and breakfast item on Easter Sunday if you mention this email
• At Bakanas Flowers you can save $5 on colorful flowers for spring holidays by using coupon code LOCAL
• Greater Burlington Chamber of Commerce Plant Sale through April 23
Don’t forget that participating businesses accept Burlington Bucks – in $10 and $25 increments – so they make a perfect gift for any holiday, special occasion or end of the year for teachers. See Bucks Card on the website to see where you can purchase them.
If each household in Burlington County spent just $10 more each month at Burlco businesses, the resulting annual impact to the local economy would be about $19.9 MILLION DOLLARS!
For every $100 spent locally in independently owned stores, shops and restaurants, $44 to $83 is re-circulated in the local economy. When $100 is spent in national chains, only $14 to $43 stays in the local economy.
How we all benefit by shopping Burlington County:
Board of Chosen Freeholders
Chamber of Commerce
Burlington County Regional Chamber of Commerce
County Board of Agriculture
Delran Business Association
Downtown Bordentown Association
Florence Twp. Economic Development Committee
Greater Burlington Chamber
Greater Lumberton Regional
Main Street Mount Holly
Maple Shade Business Association
Marlton Business Association
Medford Business Association
Moorestown Business Association
Northern Burlington Regional Chamber
Riverside Business Association
Southampton Twp. Business Association