Every week, we'll shine the SPOTLIGHT on a local business in the "Shop Burlington County First" program, the "buy local" initiative created by Burlington County Board of Chosen Freeholders and its regional partners, the Burlington County Bridge Commission and the Burlington County Regional Chamber of Commerce.
Mary Ann O'Brien invites
you to "Shop Burlington County First": "Join in our efforts to energize the economy in Burlington County, keep it growing, and create new jobs."
Labor Day Weekend and Back To School
Representing all member businesses of Local Partners in the Shop Burlington County First program
After a terrific summer of well-earned vacations, it’s time to return to our everyday routines, and for the kids to go back to school. Check out the Shop Burlington County First website directory for participating businesses and search by Category to find local businesses that offer what you might be looking for:
• Need daycare for your children? Click on Child Care/Development or Community/Religious Organizations
• Need to get the house back in shape before the winter? Select Home Professional Services or Home Maintenance Supplies
• Looking to get into a routine to get in shape? Look under Personal Care
• Need supplies or expertise for work or school? You’ll find them under Business Products/Services or Educational Services or Electronics/Technology
• Want activities for you or the kids? Find Arts/Entertainment
• Need another car – new or used – in the family? See Auto Parts/Repairs/Sales
AND CHECK OUT THESE SPECIAL OFFERS!!
• Golf Performance Institute has opened registration for its Fall Programs and special sale on various products through Labor Day
• Ed Ebert’s Automotive is offering 10% off any service through September (except tires)
• Randy Now’s Man Cave will continue their tradition of free hot dogs on Labor Day (9/7) from 12 noon-4 p.m.
• Aunt Selma’s Candy is promoting the Amazing Painting Birthday Party for kids 5-12 years old (birthday child is free)
• At NJ School of Music, there are back-to-school specials, including 8-week lessons for $295 or 6-week lessons for $159
If each household in Burlington County spent just $10 more each month at Burlco businesses, the resulting annual impact to the local economy would be about $19.9 MILLION DOLLARS!
For every $100 spent locally in independently owned stores, shops and restaurants, $44 to $83 is re-circulated in the local economy. When $100 is spent in national chains, only $14 to $43 stays in the local economy.
How we all benefit by shopping Burlington County:
Board of Chosen Freeholders
Chamber of Commerce
Burlington County Regional Chamber of Commerce
County Board of Agriculture
Delran Business Association
Downtown Bordentown Association
Florence Twp. Economic Development Committee
Greater Burlington Chamber
Greater Lumberton Regional
Main Street Mount Holly
Maple Shade Business Association
Marlton Business Association
Medford Business Association
Moorestown Business Association
Northern Burlington Regional Chamber
Riverside Business Association
Southampton Twp. Business Association