Every week, we'll shine the SPOTLIGHT on a local business in the "Shop Burlington County First" program, the "buy local" initiative created by Burlington County Board of Chosen Freeholders and its regional partners, the Burlington County Bridge Commission and the Burlington County Regional Chamber of Commerce.
Mary Ann O'Brien invites
you to "Shop Burlington County First": "Join in our efforts to energize the economy in Burlington County, keep it growing, and create new jobs."
Major retailers are positioning for your business by promoting special offers now to avoid the Black Friday rush that greets the holiday season shopping season.
You don’t have to worry about getting trampled or waiting in long checkout lines when you buy local and support your independent merchants in your downtowns.
You will be amazed at how many bargains you will find, the unique items that you won’t find anywhere else, and the high quality of the merchandise.
Looking for the ideal gift or stocking stuffer? Burlington Bucks are available in $10 and $25 increments, and can be used just like cash at nearly 300 participating businesses listed in the Shop Burlington County First Directory.
Just a few of the Shop Burlington County First businesses that have created special offers for the holiday shopping season:
• Dr. Travel and Cruises for Less – Black Friday (11/27) All You Can Buy land and cruise discounts One Day Only
• Spotts Hardware and Garden Center – The Garden Center has been transformed into their Christmas Department! And check out the new website.
• Laurel Oak Garden Center – Offering specials on Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Holiday Open House Nov. 19-Dec. 1, and FREE Santa (and hot dogs!) Dec. 5-12.
• Randy Now’s Man Cave – Christmas sodas – candy cane, sugar cookie and gingerbread – are in, while they last!
• Historic Burlington Antiques and Art Emporium – through Nov. 30, make a purchase and pick a pumpkin.
• TBS Salon & Spa – Get stoned during your massage – free hot rocks with any facial or massage.
• Promo Craze – Fleece blankets customized with any photo.
• Long and Foster Real Estate-Moorestown – Great time before the end of the year to buy or sell a home; contact Sam Lepore.
• Golf Performance Institute – Offering additional $10 certificate if you purchase $100 gift certificate.
If each household in Burlington County spent just $10 more each month at Burlco businesses, the resulting annual impact to the local economy would be about $19.9 MILLION DOLLARS!
For every $100 spent locally in independently owned stores, shops and restaurants, $44 to $83 is re-circulated in the local economy. When $100 is spent in national chains, only $14 to $43 stays in the local economy.
How we all benefit by shopping Burlington County:
Board of Chosen Freeholders
Chamber of Commerce
Burlington County Regional Chamber of Commerce
County Board of Agriculture
Delran Business Association
Downtown Bordentown Association
Florence Twp. Economic Development Committee
Greater Burlington Chamber
Greater Lumberton Regional
Main Street Mount Holly
Maple Shade Business Association
Marlton Business Association
Medford Business Association
Moorestown Business Association
Northern Burlington Regional Chamber
Riverside Business Association
Southampton Twp. Business Association